Nail Networking
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesLog inRegister

Jennifer Love Hewitt gets a manicure!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
dreamweever

dreamweever

Virgo Rooster

Jennifer Love Hewitt gets a manicure! Empty
PostSubject: Jennifer Love Hewitt gets a manicure!   Jennifer Love Hewitt gets a manicure! EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 11:45 pm

In the Feb. issue of OK magazine Jennifer Love Hewitt is shown getting a manicure. There is a small bio under the pic. The bio says Jennifer Love Hewitt gets the royal treatment at the Queens Nail Salon in Burbank California on Jan. 18th always with a smile on her face while recieving a mani-pedi!

In the picture she is looking at the camera during her manicure. In the picture there is a Vietnamese woman filing on her natural nail using a DREMEL DRILL! Jennifer is all smiles! I laughed out loud! And said,, WTF!

Now don't get me wrong, im in no way saying this is a NSS salon but its clear in the pic that this nail tech is filing on her natural nail using a DREMEL DRILL!

It is clear right there in black and white! Unreal! A dremel drill on a natural nail plate? is worse than stiletto's running down a chalkboard!

Sigh

Omg i would so love to contact the magazine but it is not one of the better mag's so i wont bother.
Back to top Go down
elitenaildesign

elitenaildesign

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Jennifer Love Hewitt gets a manicure!   Jennifer Love Hewitt gets a manicure! EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 12:39 am

Can you tell what type of bit she is using? I have a lot of bits for natural nails, but not with a dremel drill.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/nacious1/index.htm
lunacita

lunacita

Aquarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Jennifer Love Hewitt gets a manicure!   Jennifer Love Hewitt gets a manicure! EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 10:04 am

Maybe the nail tech was doing a natural nail repair? With glue/silk or acrylic and needed the drill to sand/finish it..........
Or, maybe Jennifer L.H. was getting a fill because sometimes clients ask me for a "manicure" when they need a "fill". Like they don't want to say "fill", to admit their nails are artificially enhanced.
Back to top Go down
dreamweever

dreamweever

Virgo Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Jennifer Love Hewitt gets a manicure!   Jennifer Love Hewitt gets a manicure! EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 10:09 am

I can clearly see Jennifer's hand/nail's in the picture. Her nails have no acrylic on them.

I cannot see the bit, but can see the dremmel drill in her hand.

Jennifer is sitting in a pedi chair, the tech is sitting to the side giving her a manicure.

No acrylic. There is no way on earth i would use a dremmel period.

I just thought it was so odd that, I assume an upscale salon would use a dremmel and not an actual E-file.
Back to top Go down
lunacita

lunacita

Aquarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Jennifer Love Hewitt gets a manicure!   Jennifer Love Hewitt gets a manicure! EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 10:11 am

Ugh,I think Dremels are so archaic! It weighs like a pound at the top, it's almost imposible for me to hold that thing!!
LOL- Can't they atleast get a knock efile on Ebay or something??? -LOL
Back to top Go down
baltimoregirlz
Admin
Admin
baltimoregirlz

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Jennifer Love Hewitt gets a manicure!   Jennifer Love Hewitt gets a manicure! EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 10:13 am

Quote :
I assume an upscale salon would use a dremmel and not an actual E-file

You have confused me. Is this supposed to be you would assume an upscale salon would use an actual e-file and not the dremmel?

Last edited by baltimoregirlz on Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling again)
Back to top Go down
http://nailnetworking.niceboard.net
dreamweever

dreamweever

Virgo Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Jennifer Love Hewitt gets a manicure!   Jennifer Love Hewitt gets a manicure! EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 8:35 pm

Tammy, i was shocked and suprised that an upscale salon would use a dremmel.

Does this not surpise anyone else, or it just me over reacting?

Like i said i have no clue about this salon, just what it said under the pic, im not saying it is a good or bad salon at all, just the dremmel drill thing shocked me and caught me off guard when i saw it.

Sorry if i upset anyone.
Back to top Go down
NIMG

NIMG

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Jennifer Love Hewitt gets a manicure!   Jennifer Love Hewitt gets a manicure! EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 8:40 pm

Archaeic???? I remember the first salon in this county I worked the owner wanted me to use a dremmel he acquired from the closing of a nail salon....that was his story but I think it was just cheap crap he bought and had left from the last tech truthfully. And I did two sets and they both told him I needed a better drill. Now its bad when the clients are telling the owner to step his game up!

Jennifer Love Hewwitt in a NSS....I am not surprised. Those are the ones who don't want to spend anymore than us with a lot less. Cheap a$$!
Back to top Go down
http://www.scentfulindulgence.com
baltimoregirlz
Admin
Admin
baltimoregirlz

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Jennifer Love Hewitt gets a manicure!   Jennifer Love Hewitt gets a manicure! EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 12:24 am

Dreamweever,
Go back and read what you wrote that confused me and why I stated what I did. I think you got yourself so worked up that you wrote it backwards. You wrote that you would assume that an up scale salon WOULD use a dremmel and NOT an actually e-file. If you did mean it the way you wrote it then maybe I read it wrong and don't fully understand the thinking behind this thread then. I would think that you meant you would assume that an up scale salon would use an e-file and NOT a dremmel but maybe I am wrong.
Back to top Go down
dreamweever

dreamweever

Virgo Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Jennifer Love Hewitt gets a manicure!   Jennifer Love Hewitt gets a manicure! EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 3:37 pm

oh yikes. yes, i wrote that backwards, i meant an upscale salon in my opinion would not be using a dremmel. is what happens when i dont re read what i write from being overly tired. sorry
Back to top Go down
baltimoregirlz
Admin
Admin
baltimoregirlz

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Jennifer Love Hewitt gets a manicure!   Jennifer Love Hewitt gets a manicure! EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 8:42 pm

now that you got that straight!.....lol. You did not upset anyone just wanted to make sure everyone is on the same page
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jennifer Love Hewitt gets a manicure!   Jennifer Love Hewitt gets a manicure! Empty

Back to top Go down

Jennifer Love Hewitt gets a manicure!
Page 1 of 1