Nail Networking
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesLog inRegister

Tried any of them yet?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
C-C My Nails
Admin
Admin
C-C My Nails

Aries Rooster

Tried any of them yet? Empty
PostSubject: Tried any of them yet?   Tried any of them yet? EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 9:53 am

With all of the new "gel polishes" available out there today, I feel they are coming at me too fast to properly experiment with them all!
So, who all has tried what?? And what were your experiences with them? Ie: prep, application, removal, wear, customer service, colors available, etc. Do you have any pics?
I don't even know if I can remember all the companies that have them out now, but; NSI, Geleration, Gelac--and what all else?
I would just like to know what everyones experiences are, so I can make some judgements about what I should try out.
Back to top Go down
baltimoregirlz
Admin
Admin
baltimoregirlz

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Tried any of them yet?   Tried any of them yet? EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 12:09 pm

I like my Tammy Taylor ones, gelish, NSI and ESO. I hated the shellac and the OPI (forgot how to spell theres).
Back to top Go down
http://nailnetworking.niceboard.net
C-C My Nails
Admin
Admin
C-C My Nails

Aries Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Tried any of them yet?   Tried any of them yet? EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 1:14 pm

Have you tried NSI's new one in the bottle?
Is TT's in a bottle?
Back to top Go down
baltimoregirlz
Admin
Admin
baltimoregirlz

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Tried any of them yet?   Tried any of them yet? EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 4:54 pm

No...did not know they had it in a bottle and No Tammys is in a pot.
Back to top Go down
C-C My Nails
Admin
Admin
C-C My Nails

Aries Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Tried any of them yet?   Tried any of them yet? EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 7:06 pm

Yup, NSI Polish Pro is the new SOG Polish from NSI. Lots of interesting colors, I am thinking about trying some out.
Back to top Go down
myianakopolos

myianakopolos

Leo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Tried any of them yet?   Tried any of them yet? EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 9:42 pm

Hi Girls! Just checking in to tell you that I've supplemented my Shellac stash with Geleration colors by Jessica. Im lovin them! Application has to be really thin, and the darker colors should be cured longer than 2 mins but the results are beautiful :)
Back to top Go down
C-C My Nails
Admin
Admin
C-C My Nails

Aries Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Tried any of them yet?   Tried any of them yet? EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 11:23 pm

Does she have a variety of colors or is it mainly the pink/red/brown variation like Shellac?
Back to top Go down
dcandido

Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: Tried any of them yet?   Tried any of them yet? EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 3:25 pm

I love Gelish! I have tried Gelac, Shellac, and several of the pot versions.
I can say this definitively, I DO NOT like Hybrids, lacquer/gel combos. I do not think they hold up as well, nor do they have the kind of consistent application that I desire. Also, they have a long term impact on the nail that to me is undesirable.
Love love love Gelish, like Jessica's Geleration and a brand new one by Artisitic called Colour Gloss. All of them are pigmented gels formulated to go on like polish and soak off with little or no impact to the natural nail.
Back to top Go down
C-C My Nails
Admin
Admin
C-C My Nails

Aries Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Tried any of them yet?   Tried any of them yet? EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 12:41 pm

Well, I am still stuck on Gelish also, and I have now tried Shellac, Gelify, Gelleration, P2 and Eco.
What is your experience with Gelac? It is also in a bottle, right?
Back to top Go down
purplenails

purplenails

Virgo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Tried any of them yet?   Tried any of them yet? EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 7:52 pm

Hello, this is my first post!

We had a big show here in the UK yesterday. I managed to get 6 of my natural nails gel polished, all by different companies. I will road test them for a couple of weeks on myself and see how each one wears and then removes.

In no particular order, I have on: CND Shellac, OPI Axxium, NSI Pro Polish, Young Nails Mani Q custom blend (with my own polish), Harmony Gelish, Nubar Gellicure (I wrote everything down including prep/pep, timings etc. and I know which is which). I couldn't get anywhere near the Jessica stand which was a shame.

CIMG3659" border="0" alt=""/>

The shine is more or less the same on all of them. Only one is as opaque as I would like. Two were done in LED lights, the rest in UV. Of course all the techs applying the gels were experts so they made it look easy - only one seemed to be having trouble! I was only worried once about over buffing of my natural nail.

If any one is interested, I can post more pictures to show wear over the next few days/weeks. I still haven't decided which system to go for myself!
Back to top Go down
http://www.glynisnails.co.uk
C-C My Nails
Admin
Admin
C-C My Nails

Aries Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Tried any of them yet?   Tried any of them yet? EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 10:50 am

I would like to see more on your experiment! Let us know how it all goes!
Back to top Go down
baltimoregirlz
Admin
Admin
baltimoregirlz

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Tried any of them yet?   Tried any of them yet? EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 10:18 pm

Very cool.....I like the Gelish out of what I have played with the most so far. Hope TT comes out with one :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tried any of them yet?   Tried any of them yet? Empty

Back to top Go down

Tried any of them yet?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Nail Networking :: General Posting & OT Rants :: General Posting-
Jump to: