Nail Networking
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesLog inRegister

I need suggestions

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jpollock

Gemini Buffalo

I need suggestions Empty
PostSubject: I need suggestions   I need suggestions EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 12:30 am

I've been up and running since January and have started to build a clientele and am hoping to build it up further. My problem is my 2nd baby is due December 1st. How do I do maternity leave? Can I?

Thanks, Jessica
Back to top Go down
C-C My Nails
Admin
Admin
C-C My Nails

Aries Rooster

I need suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need suggestions   I need suggestions EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 9:58 am

Ouch, that is going to be tough one! Not too many people are very forgiving when it comes to sacrificing "their" nails for "your" personal life! LOL! It would be great if you took as little time as absolutely necessary to be gone and trained an assistant to take care of a minimal number of clients in your absence, but I know that this is hard for those of us that work alone. I know when I was out for a month, I trained another local tech to fix emergencies while I was gone--and she made efforts to try and steal my clients! My clients were so upset that they refused to let her touch their nails and I had a MESS to clean up when I got back! It's a very fine line that you need to talk over with your existing clients and forewarn any potential new ones. Be honest and they will be loyal!
Back to top Go down
jpollock

Gemini Buffalo

I need suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need suggestions   I need suggestions EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 11:31 am

Thanks Claudia, thats kind of what I was thinking. I'm hoping that one of the girls I went to beauty school with (who isn't in a shop) would be willing to come in and cover me for maybe a month but I don't know. It's early still but I guess I should start shopping around for a temporary replacement. And hopefully I won't need a C-section!
Back to top Go down
baltimoregirlz
Admin
Admin
baltimoregirlz

Pisces Dog

I need suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need suggestions   I need suggestions EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 11:39 pm

Ouch...good luck with that. As Claudia said that one is tough.
Back to top Go down
http://nailnetworking.niceboard.net
couldntbehappier

couldntbehappier

Capricorn Rat

I need suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need suggestions   I need suggestions EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 11:58 pm

But just think of it this way... the ones that will wait for you, or come back, are the ones you REALLY want as clients. Those that can't or won't understand... who needs them!

Like anything worthwhile, there probably will be issues no matter what way you go, but it will all be worth it!.

Diane
Tuff Enuff Nails
Back to top Go down
http://www.tuffenuffnails.com
Sponsored content

I need suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need suggestions   I need suggestions Empty

Back to top Go down

I need suggestions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Nail Networking :: General Posting & OT Rants :: General Posting-